Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mornings and Mayhem

Since he was a baby I always liked to wake Cullen up first. When he was little he would scuttle to a corner of his crib and giggle like crazy as I tried to pick him up. Now he likes to race to his brother as rooms and yell "wake up!" at them.
  After he wakes his brothers up he likes to have breakfast immediately. I mean if breakfast is not on the table by the time his cheeks hit his seat we are going to gave a problem. The other problem his that he can not always tell me what he would like for breakfast and if I guess wrong we are going to have a problem. If the morning starts out with us having a problem on either of these two areas then the problem will turn into an issue and the issue will turn into a tantrum that once started is almost impossible to stop.
  This morning I poured him a bowl of his favorite cereal but as a poured out the milk into his brothers bowls I realized there was not quite enough milk to give each bowl an adequate amount. So I doled out the milk and told them the cereal would be extra crunchy today. Well Cullen apparently does not like extra crunchy cereal and cried for five minutes before he dumped his bowl on the floor. After I cleaned up the mess he started wailing "ice cream ice cream!" Now with my other two I would never allow them to have ice cream in the morning but with Cullen if I do not quell a tantrum then the rest of the morning is just shot. He won't but on his clothes,he won't pee in the potty, and I have to carry him kicking and screaming on the bus. So this morning I give in and give him a scoop of ice cream but this also was not the correct choice.  The video posted shows our exchange, in the end he did not just want ice cream he wanted a full banna split with a banana and sprinkles not just a scoop of ice cream. We compromised with a banana and a bowl of ice cream.
  He was in a really good mood by the time the bus came for him and we did not have an issue getting on the bus. Any ideas on stopping tantrums without giving in?

No comments:

Post a Comment