Thursday, April 17, 2014

No Rinse shampoo: A bath time savior!

    I got alot of support and suggestions after my bath time post. I am happy to report on of the suggestions as made my life much easier. I have started using a dry shampoo on his hair which he does not mind at all and it leaves his hair clean and fresh smelling. I use the dry shampoo every other day and use baby wipes to clean up and freshen up his body. I bath him in the bath once a week. This arrangement has made both of us much happier.
      I was skeptical of the Dry shampoo at first I was concerned that it would 1) Have an "old person" smell as I was told it was often used for bed bound people. 2) That it would be to messy, and most of it would end up on his clothes or on the floor than on his hair.3) That it would make his hair have a greasy texture. I was proven wrong on all three accounts.
   It smells very fresh, like baby powder it goes on as a liquid but it us not too runny. Once you apply it to the hair it lathers up just like a normal shampoo and it only takes a little to get a good lather going on his head. Once it is all lathered on you just have to gently rub it off with a towel. I do not even have to undress him and I can do it while he his happily watching TV or playing play-dohs (a Cullen favorite).
   He likes it so much he brought the bottle to me today and asked "I wash?" When we were done washing his hair he brought me his toothbrush and asked "brush?" So today he is very clean and handsome. Which is very good as we are going to go tour the Exceptional Children classroom at Brevard Elementary where we will be enrolling him in kindergarten next year.






No comments:

Post a Comment